FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I keep with me on my moving day?
Keep with you anything you or your family will use on the day of your move with you. Common items include snacks, toilet paper, paper towel, phone chargers, a change of clothes, toothbrush/toothpaste, and your kids’ favorite toys. Additionally, medications, important paperwork (e.g., birth certificates and social security cards), and anything highly valuable or sentimental (jewelry, credit cards, bank account information, etc.) should be set aside. On your moving day, place these essential items in a box or bag that you’ll carry with you to your new home.
How do I pick the right mover?
- Create a list of local moving companies you plan to research.
- Get a quote from each mover. Make sure to get moving quotes directly from a company’s official website or phone number. Working with movers directly cuts out any middlemen and will result in the lowest price.
- Get a feel for each moving company’s reputation by reading reviews from real customers.
- Ask whether each company is licensed and how they’re insured.
- Determine how each mover’s schedule works. Is your delivery date guaranteed? Will the same person who loads up your belongings transport and unload them as well?
- Make sure you’re comfortable with how each mover charges, their cancellation policy, and whether or not a deposit is required.
- Choose whichever company best fits your move; everyone’s needs are different.
How much should I tip my movers?
In terms of what to tip the movers, we encourage customers to tip whatever they feel is necessary for the job that was completed.
With over nine years of experience, Tim is no stranger to the moving and storage industry. Tim worked his way through college, both as a diligent student and a hardworking mover for a local moving company. Before graduating, he was ranked the #1 mover for a nationwide company based on customer reviews.